Drop in to our free relaxed one day unconference.
Meet some of the many technical User Groups in Ottawa.
Chat with fellow high tech workers, and students.
Meet with some of the most tech-friendly local companies.
Why would we do this?
Not everyone knows about all the user groups - the user groups are doing very interesting stuff and sometimes complementary things that would benefit from knowledge of the topics in other user groups. We want to get these do-ers in the same room together where they can collaborate with and learn from each other.
Why should you go?
- Meet new people
- Learn about technical groups
- Meet people you haven't seen in a while
- Invite your ex-co-workers from some ex-employer to meet there, and go for lunch after
- See new technology (or new-to-you technology)
- Try out some new technology
- Play some bzflag
Why should you join a user group?
- Advance your career
- Learn new technologies
- Meet people from other companies that need people to do the same thing you do now
- Meet people from other companies that need your skills to different things that you aren't doing now
- Bullets on the HR checklist - "learns stuff", "learns from others"
- Cynical, but real
- Present topics
- even short ones count
- practice brings comfort
- gives you amazing name recognition in the community and makes you an expert